Friday, February 27, 2009

12 Days to Sailaway

Yea, checked with Holland America last night and they have posted our cabin assignment. We got a nice location, right of the Atrium on the Main Deck. It's also just down the passageway from the self serve laundry which we anticipate using quite a bit during this cruise.

The packing continues, with one suitcase down and weighing in at 42 pounds. It looks like we actually may accomplish our goal of three suitcases! I had to breakout my extra camera bag however. Taking along the video camera with enough tapes for the trip (it's a really old one that uses Hi8 tapes, but still works just fine), and not wanting to overload my backpack necessitated the second bag. So I also left some of the accessories out of the backpack and put them into the second bag to lighten my load a bit. I'm not sure what I will do for our next cruise. That is a 63 day Australian/New Zealand roundtrip out of Los Angeles. Having to fly there, packing will be even harder than this time.

I stopped by the bank yesterday and picked up our Euro's for the trip so it appears everything is on track. We are looking forward to getting away for a while.

Until later, Cheers all!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your time off until the trip. I expect you to work very hard taking all kinds of pictures on the cruise:)

    Cynthia P.

    ReplyDelete